Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ultimate Frisbee: Sports at its Best!

hi beautiful! :)
SomeThing to Enjoy??

For the last 5 months now, I have been so busy. Busy about what other than my studies? Guess what? :D 
Ultimate Frisbee! :D That's why! 


 At first I was just playing in a small field at the back of the school. Weeks later, an old friend (actually a classmate from my elementary years) ask me if I really want to play in a real tournament. I did not know what actually I would answer him because I never thought that they can get players as easy as that. 

I was wrong, he did not "just" ask me to play immediately in a tournament, he first made me engage in a training before playing in a real tournament here in the field where we usually play now, the Global Steel Corporation (formerly known as National Steel Corporation) Field. 

So, I survived the training, and learned a lot of things. I knew how to throw forehand and backhand. Also I knew a lot of terms like huck, endzone, layout and clap catch. 

My first tournament was the "March Attack" Tournament held at NSC by the UGA (Ultimate Green Archers), one of the best teams here in Iligan City. The team is also know nationwide. They have been playing the sport for roughly 6 years now. 



From that first tournament, I appreciated the ultimate frisbee industry. The thought of people saying "Hi!" without hesitance and the act of being friendly shown to you is very amazing! 

Take note, it was my first tournament! 

Awesome! I really thought to myself how nice it would be if I stay and enjoy the company of these people. Though the community is is huge that here in Iligan we have 32 teams, most of the players know each other and treat each and everyone generously as ever. NICE right? 

As time pass by, a lot of players have been so willing in teaching me as well as the other players on some techniques about the game. 



I hope you loved reading my blog. :D ciao!  


--ruru! :) 

1 comment: